Website Sinergy Srl
The Architectural Construction Superintendent (SUPT) will monitor the correct execution of the on-site Architectural erection activities (such as painting, insulation, lining/ceiling/furniture installation, doors installation, etc), in compliance to project specifications, international codes and standards. The activities will be carried out in compliance to project quality requirements and according to the project schedule with full respect of the safety standards requirements. The SUPT should have the capacity to demonstrate the leadership abilities needed to effectively manage all on-site facets of the discipline contract scope of work.
The SUPT reports hierarchically to the Construction department.
The SUPT usually interfaces with:
- The Construction Manager;
- The Engineering department;
- The Quality Manager and the Site Quality Coordinator;
- The Mechanical Completion Manager;
- Subcontractors or direct hire craft.
Main responsibilities/Job Duties
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Provide on-site organizational & technical management for the Architectural teams working on heavy Industrial construction projects in the oil and gas, power generation/transmission, mining/material handling, process/manufacturing, and water treatment industries.
- Supervise all Architectural construction efforts to ensure projects are constructed safely, as per design and on schedule while maintaining budget.
- Prioritize a safe work environment and enforce the Company’s safety program.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies, operating procedures, and standards.
- Plan and coordinate all Architectural activities for discipline craft and staff, required discipline material management.
- Maintain a presence in the field and serve as a specimen of technical support. Coupled with ethical and professional behavior for field front line supervisors and craft personnel.
- Ensure that field front line supervisors are results oriented while promoting the Company’s culture regarding safety, quality and customer service.
- Manage direct hire craft or subcontractors and ensure their work is done per the project drawings/specifications, per schedule indicators, on budget, while ensuring that all aspects of their work are properly documented.
- Identify work outside the original scope of the project and ensure that proper authorization/ documentation for all change orders, escalation and back charges is maintained.
- Continuously monitor the projects percent completion and productivity, to provide timely solutions to overcome potential schedule delays and financial impacts.
- Determine the appropriate methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Manage tool and equipment utilization on project, including equipment storage and maintenance
- Ensure accurate reports, schedules, and budgets are maintained/submitted on a regular basis
- Attend all project meetings as required by site management
- Represent the Company, interfacing and building relationships with owners, customers, general contractors and subcontractors
- Other duties as assigned.
On Site in China (Zhoushan).
- Systematic knowledge of all aspects of construction, industry standards, equipment, construction methods, contracts and construction documents
- Understanding of construction and labor scheduling, cost control and the ability to control and supervise projects of various sizes
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate numerous activities and crews who need to cooperate to achieve project goals
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- QAQC Mentality do it right the first time
- Excellent safety and performance record
- Good knowledge of Ms Office
Experience and language skills:
Minimum 7 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas sector and 5 years’ experience in the role.
Excellent knowledge of English language (written and spoken).
Minimum 2 years
Type of Contract
Weekly Worked Days: 6
Daily Worked Hours: 10
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org